question

dallas-gilmore avatar image
dallas-gilmore asked marianagomez commented

My Ring Central Profile Picture Does not mach my meeting picture.

So I updated my profile picture on the Ring Central Desk Top app but it's not updating inside of a meeting. Is there a way to update the picture that shows in a meeting when hiding video? I either need our official company picture or non at all. This is very important for my new job.

ringcentral app
profile.jpg (49.0 KiB)
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Adam Wells avatar image Adam Wells commented ·

I have this same issue. I have tried all of the fixes and workarounds noted above with no luck. Please help RingCentral!

3 Likes 3 ·
Juan Alfaro avatar image Juan Alfaro commented ·

Hello, multiple people in my organization are experiencing this exact same issue. Profile Picture is updated within seconds for RingCentral App. However, it was not updated in the RingCentral Meeting App. I've tried multiple times and on different devices without any success. Please correct ASAP.

Thank you,

Juan

3 Likes 3 ·
Maggie Day avatar image Maggie Day commented ·

Has this issue been corrected yet? I need to change my picture!!! Why is this so difficult?!

3 Likes 3 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Dallas, apologies! Can you try to uninstall the app and reinstall it? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
dallas-gilmore avatar image dallas-gilmore jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Jenn, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop App. I tried both Classic and the New versions but have the same problem with both.

It's very important that I get this issue resolved before October 1st.

0 Likes 0 ·
Annie Versteeg avatar image Annie Versteeg dallas-gilmore commented ·

I have tried every 'work around' I could find and NOTHING has worked. Same with uninstalling and reinstalling. This problem may seem trite but it isn't. RingCentral please provide us with some help to get it fixed. Thank you.

2 Likes 2 ·
dallas-gilmore avatar image dallas-gilmore jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Jen, is there any updates / is RingCentral scheduled a fix? I've started a new job and really need to update my picture...

0 Likes 0 ·
marianagomez avatar image marianagomez jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Reinstalling did not work for me either.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Rory Lusher avatar image
Rory Lusher answered marianagomez commented

Hi @Juan Alfaro, @Adam Wells, @dallas-gilmore,

I have been wrestling with this issue too. I have found a workaround for this problem.

a) Download and install "Zoom" on your mobile or PC.
b) Setup your Zoom profile.
c) Once you are logged into the app, go to "settings", edit your profile, and add your profile picture.
d) Zoom and Ring Central Meetings are compatible. Meaning you can start a zoom meeting and people using ring central meetings can join it. Or vice versa you can use Zoom to Join a Ring Central Meeting.

You'll see that when you are in a meeting with your "Zoom" Profile it will show the zoom profile picture.

Anyway hopefully you guys find this helpful in the meantime.

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Annie Versteeg avatar image Annie Versteeg commented ·

Thanks but I cannot do that. I host big meetings and webinars with users all over the country, and first I don't want to make a mess of things and confuse anyone, and two my company requires me to use RingCentral. So I'm back to asking RingCentral to please do something to fix this. We should not have to beg you to do this, it's been a problem for a long time. Thanks.

3 Likes 3 ·
marianagomez avatar image marianagomez commented ·

Thank you, but this is not appropriate for all workplaces (bummer!) My work place exclusively uses Ring Central - I need the picture updated in the Ring Central ... I thought they fixed this in November, but i tried their Nov 2020 solution and it didn't work :(

0 Likes 0 ·
marianagomez avatar image marianagomez jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jessica, thank you. Yes, I did those steps- and it only works on my mobile phone, but it does NOT work on my laptop, and unfortunately, I mostly use Ring Central for my job - which means through my laptop. So no, this didn't work

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app