question

james-ransom avatar image
james-ransom asked bond007dmc9787 answered

Legacy Desktop app vs. New app Redesign

Hi there,

Just curious how long we'll be able to use the Legacy version of the RC for Desktop app (Ring Central Classic). The usability of the task section appears to be far superior in the Classic version and as we're heavily invested in the task section of the app in our business I'm worried about having to transition our teams over.

Many thanks,

James

ringcentral app
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello James,

Sunset for the classic app is on hold until further notice. :)

Thanks!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bond007dmc9787 avatar image
bond007dmc9787 answered

I hope it is available forever, unless RC puts back the familiar functionality in Tasks. I am all for improvements, but like you I heavily rely on Task here, and the new version does not do the function justice. You can't even reply to tasks directly anymore like in Classic, which means no thread for reference and continuity. This by itself totally breaks Tasks and makes them essentially useless for tasks that are progressive in fulfillment. As it is now in the new version, one can only respond using the reply field, and that in no way keeps conversations together. What is RC thinking here, unless they plan on removing Tasks entirely.

When the new version was first released - what a year ago or so , and everyone was encouraged to take a look and convert, there was quite an out-cry at the lack of, and missing functionality as compared to Classic. We were then told that those things were coming, just was going to take time, as they wanted to just get the latest and greatest out to the masses.

I realize that some streamlining and elimination is inevitable, but I am scratching my head on some of what is missing in new. It is not right for a company to decide for the people what they are going to remove (or even add) without input - especially for folks that may be heavily invested in a particular function(s). I realize that can be a slippery slope, as no one can agree on anything, but, some interactive surveys as to what is/was being planned would have been nice. Perhaps they happened and I missed them.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app