question

adam-witek avatar image
adam-witek asked adam-witek answered

Ring Central Webinar & Zoom Conflict Bug

I believe I've found a major bug in Ring Central Webinar when connecting with an iPhone. Here are the steps to reproduce...

1. Make sure you have both Ring Central Meetings and the Zoom App installed on your iPhone.

2. Build a new webinar that doesn't require registration. Copy the Hyperlink so you can join the webinar from your iphone.

3. Start the webinar and try to use the link on your iPhone. It opens the FREAKING Zoom app instead of the Ring Central app and gives an error code.

-This isn't a problem for Webinars where the attendees need to register ahead of time.

-When I remove the Zoom app it works fine and opens Ring Central like it should.

webinars
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered

Hi @adam-witek,

This is a known conflict. Another workaround to consider is synching all your meetings via your calendar (Outlook or Google) in the RingCentral app. If you join the webinar from the link in your calendar on the app, it will default to opening with the RingCentral app and not Zoom.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

adam-witek avatar image
adam-witek answered

Thank you for the response.

The reason this wouldn't be a viable solution for me is that I can't control how my attendees "store" my webinar link. There's no way to force them to use the calendar.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app