question

Chad Corey avatar image
Chad Corey asked Phong Vu commented

C# authentication

I think I may have missed something here. Trying to authorize so I can test other API calls. I seem to have to supply a login and password to authorize but I would think the ID and Secret would be enough. What step did I miss here? I'm using the RingCentral NuGet package inside a windows form application for now. End result would be services or console jobs that would automate things.

this is my test code:

string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = RINGCENTRAL_CLIENT_ID;

string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = RINGCENTRAL_CLIENT_SECRET;

string RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME = "USERNAME";

string RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD = "PASSWORD";

string RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION = "101";

bool RINGCENTRAL_PRODUCTION = false;

RestClient restClient;

restClient = new RestClient(RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, RINGCENTRAL_PRODUCTION);

Task.Run(async () => await restClient.Authorize(RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD)).Wait();

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Are you getting any authentication errors? Check this reference: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/10217/authenticate-error-oau-140-c.html

Hope this help

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chad Corey avatar image
Chad Corey answered Phong Vu commented

no this authenticates fine but I swore there is a way to not have to supply a login and password and just get a token using the ID and Secret.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you question is purely about if and how to get an access token using just the app client id and secret, then you don't need to wrote a long question and provide the code snippet above which distracts your point or cause unnecessary misunderstanding.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys