question

Gary Weissenbacher avatar image
Gary Weissenbacher asked Phong Vu commented

SCIM Create User "License limit has been reached" in Sandbox

I tried to create a user using the SCIM v2 API. While I have only one user in my sandbox account and the "create extension" API works fine, creating the user with SCIM causes the error message, that license limit has been reached.

Are different licenses needed for SCIM usage? How can I test user creation with SCIM in the sandbox environment?

curl --request POST \
  --url https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/scim/v2/Users \
  --header 'accept: application/json' \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer U0pDMTFQMDFQQVMwMHxBQURRU2hmajRvbG8yb3U2UzZ3SW1FVEhncFlieHJRRjg0TTNGdDdJTlhUZ3FhNUVPMmQzTkk1VEEzZ0VDenJyeHpfRUZZbF9DemlIdFF2SlZIWkJCU29oOTNRZDlVTmtDRmc4YVZ6NzlJOHR5Q1pWNlU1RUp3OXZ2ZU9oTFVHUWwtTWluY1kwLUlFLUN0WUNrYnlCSHR5bVpRcjE1eHo4a21VU3RNOUdQTHBHQTQwaHJuSE9xdnNqbDFtQnpISlR5UXw0ZVh3VWd8b1BHNjFwc29MWTctWm1MdEpUUGdZd3xBUQ' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data '{"active":false,"name":{"familyName":"Allen","givenName":"Barry"},"emails":[{"type":"work","value":"barry.allen@acme.com"}],"externalId":"A98765","schemas":["urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User"],"userName":"barry.allen@acme.com"}'
{
  "schemas": [
    "urn:ietf:params:scim:api:messages:2.0:Error"
  ],
  "status": "403",
  "detail": "License limit has been reached"
}

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Gary Weissenbacher commented

You need to have an unassigned extension with a digital line available before you can create a user using the SCIM create user API.

So, login your web service, create a user with phone device and select e.g. the RingCentral soft phone. Then run your app again.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gary Weissenbacher avatar image Gary Weissenbacher commented ·

Ah okay, thanks again for the quick answer. I will try that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gary Weissenbacher avatar image
Gary Weissenbacher answered Phong Vu commented

Is it possible to create an extension with Device using the Extensions API?

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension 

I created an extension in status unassigned, but without device I cannot use it with SCIM. And there is no endpoint to create devices.
I know you suggested the web service GUI to create an extension with device, but this is not the goal I try to achieve.

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am afraid it is not possible because there is no API to pull the list of devices and it has the price tags on each type of device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you are a RingCentral customer, please submit a support ticket so the developer support team can help you with access to internal API to build your app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys