question

Dan English avatar image
Dan English asked Dan English answered

Call Control permission in sandbox

Hello, I'm having trouble graduating my app because I'm unable to use the call control permission in the sandbox. Most of the errors are from trying to make a callout. Everything else is working fine. I see that you've been able to make an exception for other apps. Thank you.

LeadMailbox 1.1

App ID # 8PUa1lLhSVumaMrbQ11e5Q

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, I cannot make an exception for public app. And the app still has too many error. Please fix the 429 error (rate limit) and also make sure the call-out API work flawlessly.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dan English avatar image
Dan English answered Phong Vu edited

How can I test the call-out without a device? I tried using the desktop app as a device, but support told me it will not work with a developer account. When I try to log in to the app it says: Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Download the RC Phone for desktop. Install & run the app and switch to sandbox mode (fn+cmd+f2 for MacOS) and login the soft phone.

Call the get extension device list to get the device id then use the device id to make a call-out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan English avatar image
Dan English answered

Great, thank you.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys