question

Brian Dick avatar image
Brian Dick asked Phong Vu commented

How do I add another developer to my account?

I need to add two other members of my team to our dev account. I found this topic about adding a new developer, but when I go to the screen shown there is no "Invite New Developer" button.

getting started
1601929859157.png (45.7 KiB)
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat commented ·

The same issue.

How to solve it, to appear 'Invite new developer' ?

Thank You.

-1 Like -1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Oleg Zaiat commented ·

What is your sandbox account id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Where I should lookup for this id?

from https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Extensions/listExtensions

my account_id: 715463005

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Brian Dick commented

Login your sandbox service web and add more users to your sandbox account. When you log in your RingCentral developer portal, at the page you showed above, you should see the "Invite new developer" button. Click the button and enter the user email address.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brian Dick avatar image Brian Dick commented ·

I already had one of the user I need to make a developer there but I added the second and made them both Super Admins. Unfortunately the Invite New Developer button is still not showing up. I tried two different browsers just to make sure it wasn't a browser specific issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Dick avatar image Brian Dick commented ·

Looks like someone has done something to my account. One of my developers, Calvin, has been added. Thank you to whoever did that!

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Phong Vu edited

I can see in the organisation tab in developer account here:

1601933132750.png (50.8 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

He already mentioned "there is no "Invite New Developer" button.". And he also logged in as an admin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered Oleg Zaiat edited

Here is some documentation that helps to describe the process of collaborating with other developers by inviting or adding developers to an account. The documentation covers the process for two different account types:

• Free developer accounts - for which there is an "invite new developer" button

• Customer developer accounts - for which there is NO invite button

2 comments
1 |3000

Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ commented ·

Brian - if the above link answers your question, please mark this as an "accepted answer." If not, let's figure out what information your missing so we can improve the documentation.

1 Like 1 ·
Oleg Zaiat avatar image Oleg Zaiat Byrne Reese ♦♦ commented ·

According to https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/basics/inviting-developers for 'Paying-customer developer accounts', on creating a new role under the feature group, it should be ''Developer Portal Access" permission.

In my account are only :

Features

Archiver For Admins
Audit Trail
Business SMS
Configure Intercom
Configure Presence
Internal SMS

So, how I can assign this permission to a role ?

Or ''Developer Portal Access" permission persist only on prod environment, right ?

Then if I want to test the new dev account in the sandbox I should create the same user in the sandbox, right ?

Thank You.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys