question

kee14275 avatar image
kee14275 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Set After Hour rule for routing of notifications

Is there a way to set different notification rules for SMS messaging for after hours/weekends/holidays? Would like to notify the Manager on Call of all SMS messages that come in. We have missed a few text messages that came in Friday night but we didn't see them until Monday. Just learned how to "manually" set up notification rules to rectify the issue. Trying to figured out if there is an automatic setting so that we don't have to manually set this up every Friday.

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Pulling Together Ludlow avatar image Pulling Together Ludlow commented ·

I agree with this. The notification address needs to be set in the 'enable' notifications part of set up, not higher up. The 'messaging notifications' logic needs to associated with a call handling rule, not with a user.

We need to be able to route notifications in the custom rule, not rely on a higher-up setting.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Pulling Together Ludlow commented ·

Please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @kee! Apologies, there is no automatic settings for it. I would highly suggest posting this request in our idea hub! I will also share this with our Product Manager. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app