question

Scott Walker avatar image
Scott Walker asked jenn-community-moderator answered

After Hours On-Call Rotation

We have a group of staff that rotate on-call duties. In the past they would setup IVR to allow customers to contact on-call in an emergency and that would ring to a cell phone they manually rotated amongst each other. I am trying to assemble a solution that would allow them to use their personal cell phones and easily sign in or out of the "after hours call queue" as needed (i.e. when they are on call they would sign in). Has anyone tackled this and come up with a simple user friendly solution?

I am planning to use call queue and then train them to use the "Do not accept call queue calls" option in the user portal. But that is not exactly user friendly. In the old days we had third party apps we would use that plugged into your PBX to allow people to sign in and out of the after hours on-call via a simple web page or by dialing in and following voice prompts.

Thanks for brainstorming with me!

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Scott Walker, apologies! We only have the option of changing the status from "Do not accept call queue calls" in the meantime. I would highly suggest posting your idea HERE, and we'll share this with our Product Manager. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app