question

Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez avatar image

ErrorCode:SUB-406, message:Not allowed subscribe for events to extensions of other account

I am doing a request and I subscribe to events and notifications so I get following error:
"errorCode":"SUB-406","message":"Not allowed subscribe for events to extensions of other account"
Do you know what can i do to solve this?
or you can provide me a contact for this?
capture-postman.jpg

rest api
capture-postman.jpg (94.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez edited

As the error message says, you cannot register to receive message store notifications for other extensions. This means that you can only subscribe for messaging notifications for the extension that authenticated (login) to run your app.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez avatar image Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez commented ·

so, do I need use the credentials of the desired extension in order to send a request for suscribe?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez avatar image Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez commented ·

we did the subscription succesfully but we can't see the log when a message is send.

Do you know why?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez commented ·

The message store notification is very generic, it just gives you the even of some changes to an extension's message store. The changes include a new inbound/outbound message or a message is marked as read/unread.

"changes":
   {
     "type": "SMS",
     "updatedCount": 0,
     "newCount": 1
   },
   {...} ], 

Let me know what you want to achieve so I might be able to help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez avatar image Jesus Omar Cervantes Gonzalez Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
We subscribed into the desired extentions with the next filters:
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store 
and
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store/instant?type=SMS
But we had send messages in order to test it and we hadn't  receive the notification with the corresponding information.

So i would like to know if you could tell me how can I see this Info?
and if could you provide to me an email to contact you and check this out  or if it's better for you a phone number?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys