question

Patrick Nowicki avatar image
Patrick Nowicki asked Phong Vu answered

Authorization Code Expire Time

I'm attempting to implement 3-legged OAuth and I saw a post from 3 years ago stating the Authorization Code expire time is 5 minutes. Has this changed since then? It seems to be much shorter as by the time I copy/paste my authorization code into my app (after about 5-10 seconds), I get an error "Authorization Code is Expired".
I'm implementing a desktop application but the authorization code request is done via a web page, so I was thinking of having the user authenticate and then copy/paste the auth code into the desktop app which then requests a token.

Please let me know if I need to change my approach due to the expire time.
Thanks!

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I will verify this with the platform team. Meanwhile, absolutely you should change the approach. Copy/paste the code in this way is a hack and should be avoid.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys