question

Conner Smick avatar image
Conner Smick asked Anirban answered

Is there an option to not display video for other participants in a meeting?

If my wifi is weak, I would like the ability to not see anyone's video, and only hear their audio, in order to save bandwidth and potentially allow me to communicate with people on the call without it freezing due to not being able to handle displaying video. I know I can control whether my own video is turned on or not. But it would be nice to also be able to choose to not see other's videos if wanted. This would be on a PC.

ringcentral app
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

I am not sure as a participant you can stop other people's video from displaying.. Only a host can decide if the meeting can be without video. So as a normal participant you can only stop your video being displayed

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Conner Smick avatar image Conner Smick commented ·

Does this make everyone on the call not be able to see other participants videos? I just want them to not display for myself, but allow them to continue to use video and the other participants to see it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban Conner Smick commented ·

The following options are available for both host and participants... it includes camera control too

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Video-Host-Controls.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Conner Smick avatar image Conner Smick Anirban commented ·

This doesn't seem to be the answer to the question I asked. As a participant of a meeting, can I choose to not see other participants videos? I am not asking whether a host can mute peoples audio, or turn off their ability to use video. I want everyone to be able to do what they want, but just chose to not display the other participants video on my computer, in an effort to use less bandwidth.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app