question

Ismael Torres avatar image
Ismael Torres asked Alfredo Inostroza edited

Ring Out End Point Does Not Open App

Hello, I created an app that does the Ring Out end point. Before when we had the RingCentral classic app AND the phone app, when a user would make a "Call" from my app, it would use the Ring Out End Point and open up the phone app to process the call. Ever since the update when the RingCentral app was merged with the phone app; the app does not open up when a user clicks to make a call.

rest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the uri scheme you are using now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ismael Torres avatar image
Ismael Torres answered Phong Vu commented
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Just test. It looks like the ring-out is not working on sandbox currently. Let me report the issue. Meanwhile, ring-out work normal on production environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ismael Torres avatar image Ismael Torres Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Currently my app is in Production and before when I would use Ring Out on my Custom app, the RingCentral Phone App would appear to process the Call. Now ever since the update, the App no longer pops up to process the Call because the Phone App got Merged with the RingCentral Desktop App.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ismael Torres avatar image Ismael Torres Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I apologize but this is the URI that I am using, not the devtest
https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/ring-out

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ismael Torres commented ·

Can you make direct call from and to the RC phone app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alfredo Inostroza avatar image
Alfredo Inostroza answered Alfredo Inostroza edited

I'm also having this issue. Was this ever resolved? It appears to me that the issue is around whether or not the soft phone registers itself as User Phone in the RingCentral Phone System admin area. I noticed it was offline. I deregistered the old app. The new app didn't re-register it. I switched the extension to a hard phone, and the app didn't register as a new soft phone.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys