question

Eric LeBlanc avatar image
Eric LeBlanc asked mary-community-moderator edited

Messaging External RingCentral Users

We have clients and other contacts that have RingCentral accounts like we do. We would like to have the option to instant message other RingCentral users that are outside of our company. This would allow for even greater and faster collaboration between our company and client contacts who are already on RingCentral within their own organization.

Microsoft Teams currently has this feature and it works well in regards to collaboration.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Eric LeBlanc avatar image Eric LeBlanc Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Unfortunately not. The team messaging feature in the unified RingCentral application only lets you create team chats with other RingCentral users who are in your organization. I'm looking to be able to chat/team message with RingCentral users who work at companies outside of our immediate organization (in this case, our client who also uses RingCentral).

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Eric LeBlanc commented ·

Not true. You can add/invite any guest to a team or a chat group. Let me move this thread to the customers support so they can help you better.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

@Eric LeBlanc The "guest" you are trying to add might have this toggle turned off.
image-7.png

When this is turned off, an account admin can block their users from being invited to join as a guest of another account.
Note: the toggle isn't something the guest can adjust. They will need their admin to adjust the setting.

Here's a blog post that might be helpful as well.
www.ringcentral.com/us/en/blog/security-updates-for-the-ringcentral-app-give-administrators-more-flexibility-and-control-over-their-teams/

Please let me know if I can help further!

image-7.png (13.8 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Eric LeBlanc avatar image Eric LeBlanc commented ·

This looks exactly like what I was looking for! Where is this setting in the admin center? I'll touch base with their IT team again today and let them know to check once I know where to go.

Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·
Eric LeBlanc avatar image Eric LeBlanc Eric LeBlanc commented ·

I found it in the RingCentral app. I will follow up with the client to check on this.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Eric LeBlanc commented ·

Sorry, wasn't able to get right back to you! Glad you got it sorted.
Let us know if you run into any other hurdles!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app