question

Steven Owens avatar image
Steven Owens asked Steven Owens commented

Phone App to Deskphone

Can you use the app to dial with and it use the desktop phone? Example: I type in the number on the desktop app and it will start dialing out using the desktop phone in speakermode?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

AJ Acevedo avatar image
AJ Acevedo answered Steven Owens commented

I just tested this. It didn't work the way you described. I also tested placing the call on hold from the app and wasn't able to pick it up on the hard phone. Parking the call worked. I would suggest utilizing the Call Parking feature.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Steven Owens avatar image Steven Owens commented ·

Yeah our userbase is used to how Shoretel Communicator worked with the Shoretel phones. They could dial an extension using the Communicator software and it would automatically ring through the deskphone. That is what I am trying to get to work on our RC now as the userbase is using the RC application as well as a desktop phone. Make sense?

1 Like 1 ·
AJ Acevedo avatar image AJ Acevedo Steven Owens commented ·

Makes sense. Cisco Unified Communications Mobility allows you to do the same thing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steven Owens avatar image Steven Owens AJ Acevedo commented ·

Yeah so that is the dilemma I am up against right now. Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, @AJ Acevedo! Appreciate you jumping in!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app