question

Jonathan O'Neill avatar image
Jonathan O'Neill asked Lawrence Lebron commented

Blocking a call

Hi. First post for me for this community. It seems RC does not provide a method to block incoming calls at the top level. By that I mean as an admin I cannot block a number from calling. I see where I can block calls from hitting Queues and how users can block calls from getting to their extension.

But wanted to make sure I am not missing an option that would allow us to block a number from calling all extensions or queues without need to do at the user/extension or queue level.

phone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lawrence Lebron avatar image Lawrence Lebron commented ·

I tried this by blocking it from my extension and the blocked call is still able to get through.

I called Ring Central support and I was told you have to do it for each extension.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Lawrence Lebron commented ·

Hi @Lawrence Lebron ,do you have the "Super Admin" role on your extension?

• If the Super Admin blocks a number while logged in to the System Extension (the main extension of the account not just the super admin role), it is applied to all extensions in the account.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Jonathan O'Neill, you can block a number for the whole organization by adding the number under the Super Admin's extension. The super admin extension is the grayed out box at the left side of the user's name. No need to block it one by one for the other extension. I hope this will help you. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app