question

Sari Dominczyk avatar image
Sari Dominczyk asked Jeff Larson answered

Call queue calls showing as missed when another member of the call queue answered the call

Hi, we have set up a call queue with several agents. Even if an agent answers a call, the other agents in the queue show the same call as missed. Is there a setting that can be activated so all of the call queue agents show the call as answered?

call queues
16 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Elisabeth Van Wie avatar image Elisabeth Van Wie commented ·

How do team members know who to follow up with if all the calls are showing as missed? What is the recommended workflow? I do not want team members calling back the same customer since they don't know if someone picked up or not.

3 Likes 3 ·
Shiraz Ali avatar image Shiraz Ali Elisabeth Van Wie commented ·

yes we want to know if someone answers the call in the queue. How do we know if some one answers the call in the queue, we should be able to know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Shiraz Ali avatar image Shiraz Ali Elisabeth Van Wie commented ·

Please do share with me if you come up with some solution for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Hoffman avatar image Matt Hoffman commented ·

I appreciate the explanation. My concern is with the end users that don't have access to the portal. They see Missed Call in the RingCentral app and they cannot tell if it was a missed call for them or the queue.

2 Likes 2 ·
Shiraz Ali avatar image Shiraz Ali Matt Hoffman commented ·

yes i agree with you

1 Like 1 ·
James Ritchie avatar image James Ritchie commented ·

(typing for the second time as the first tried logging me in again then lost the content).

This is a major problem for us and a fundamental design flaw in any real world application.

We have a team of 6 on main reception, 1 member answers leaving 5 members with missed calls on their phones (T57W). This leads to considerable confusion, extra workload and inevitable duplication with our customers. I cannot understand why design in this way.

If it is not sorted quickly we are likely to have to cancel our contract, which is a huge shame as the system in general is excellent.

2 Likes 2 ·
Steve Low avatar image Steve Low commented ·

Hi there - Can we get a status update on the issue outlined in the opening post? That was over 3 months ago. We've just had ring central set up here at my office and we are experiencing this same issue - calls being answered by other staff in the queue are showing as 'missed' on the other staff in that same queue even if the call was answered by someone else. There needs to be a way to change this.
We can't have staff asking others constantly if every call was in fact answered and not missed. Particularly if they aren't in the same room, or working from home that day.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Steve Low commented ·

Hello Steve, there is still no update on this request. We are continuously monitoring for the changes in the Phone System, and we will get back to this post once this is corrected.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chad Walters avatar image Chad Walters commented ·

Here to throw my 2c in as well, we've recently switched to RingCentral and this issue has been plaguing our teams. To the extent that now most just don't pay any mind to the missed call notifications and instead just wait for a voicemail to be returned (which, the fact the call queue voicemail can't be accessed in the app is also an issue).

As Matt mentioned, the end user won't have access to the portal to run a call log report, and even if they did to require they do that every time? Rather than, at a glance in the app being able to identify which calls were answered and which need to be returned.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Chad Walters commented ·

We understand your frustration, Chad. Please continue adding your votes here.

1 Like 1 ·
Chad Walters avatar image Chad Walters mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It has been nearly a month now, and still not seeing any movement on this issue. What is the current status? Votes have already been added, and on the ideas page you have plenty of sound feedback supporting the notion that this needs to be resolved.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered Shiraz Ali commented

This is normal behavior for our call queue that would show missed calls on the other group members. We would highly suggest adding your vote HERE., and we'll share it with our Product Managers. Thank you!

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matt Hoffman avatar image Matt Hoffman commented ·

Yep my staff and I all voted THIS Morning for this! ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Matt Hoffman commented ·

That is awesome! Thanks for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Shiraz Ali avatar image Shiraz Ali Matt Hoffman commented ·

But this is an abnormal behavior which doesn't sound professional. There has to be a precise way to find out any missed calls. At this point it is very difficult to track any miss calls. No doubt you have the best system, but this problem is also not small, it needs to be fix as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
george-gary10193 avatar image
george-gary10193 answered mary-community-moderator commented

The best place to review which call queue calls are Answered or Missed is the Call Queue Management portal. User Call Log shows call results from the User's (Agent) perspective. e.g. the system offered a call which was not answered. Call Queue Call Log shows call results from the Caller's perspective. The summary line shows the final result of the call. Expanding the record shows which Agent answered or missed the call.

call-queue-call-log.png

call-queue-call-log-expanded.png

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @george-gary!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image
Nathan Ramsden-Lock answered

Unfortunately another highly voted for feature request that still is not fixed, bumping this as a reminder to please keep voting for this to be addressed here:- https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-5

1 |3000

jamestc989 avatar image
jamestc989 answered

Has this been fixed now, incidentally just found this thread when looking for something else prior to completing a migration over to RingCentral and this is going to be a huge problem for us. It's quite literally baffling that it is being considered a missed call in a queue even if someone else answers it...

1 |3000

Jeff Larson avatar image
Jeff Larson answered

Agreed, haven't see a fix for this, is this looking to be fixed?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app