question

Todd Bandauski avatar image
Todd Bandauski asked Phong Vu commented

Erroneous IVR Transfers

We have a multi-level IVR setup and found that customers are memorizing the pattern, i.e. Option 5, Option 2, so when they call back, they quickly dial 52. The IVR is interpreting this as extension 52 which we have setup to transfer offnet. My request would be to limit the callers ability to entering digits only available within the IVR menu unless and provide a specific prompt to transfer to an extension. i.e. "If you know your parties extension press 9, then from that menu enter multi-digits.

ivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I don't see any way to force your customers to dial only available options 1, 2 or 3 etc.

The only way for you to avoid this is, perhaps, change the "offnet" set to take longer number, e.g. > 100.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Todd Bandauski avatar image
Todd Bandauski answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you Phong for your quick reply. Appreciate you thinking outside the box.

Where would I go within the portal to make the "offnet" change you mentioned above?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Todd,

My bad, I double check and found that there is no way to add keypress with 2 or more digits. What I thought was actually with the # sign but that is not solving your problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys