question

Musa Ali avatar image
Musa Ali asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Cracked line ,our calls get connected but cracked or no voice from other end!

few calls are ok but only till 30 seconds after that voice keeps on breaking and one can hardly hear,checked my internet infact tried at 2 different places but same issues

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

Good afternoon,

First, have you checked the RC Service Status? If you have, and there is no reported issue there can be outside reasons impacting the call quality. For example, making a call with your cell phone the cellular service will ping different towers to get a connection. The same is true with VOIP.

There can be congested network routers, etc. causing the data (spoken word) to sound disjointed or even delayed. If you have administrator rights, you can look up the call in Analytics and it will display on a map with the value of the quality. This will give you some reason for the crackling.

I have experienced similar in my office and the first response to me will be "there is a problem with RC." This information is helpful when communicating with associates it is not RC call quality.

I hope this helps.

Have a great afternoon

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app