question

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek asked Bruce Ganek answered

Trying to get the status of faxes appears to work if I go through the call log but not the message store

I'm using the C# SDK. It appears that I can get everything back when I call the CallLog, but if I go through the messagesStore, I always get back 0 records. I'm assuming I should be going through the messageStore and not the call logs?

My goal is to build a portal to show people which faxes did not success.

Here's what I'm doing:

ListMessagesParameters parameters = new ListMessagesParameters();

String[] myTypes = new String[1]
myTypes[0] = "Fax";
parameters.messageType = myTypes;
RingCentral.GetMessageList response = await rc.Restapi().Account().Extension().MessageStore().List(parameters);

This returns 0 records.

But this returns everything about the faxes (those that didn't make it, busy signal, etc.)

var callLogResponse = await rc.Restapi().Account().CallLog().List(new ReadCompanyCallLogParameters

?callLogResponse.records[0]

{RingCentral.CompanyCallLogRecord}

action: "Outgoing Fax"

billing: null

@delegate: null

deleted: null

direction: "Outbound"

duration: 37

extension: {RingCentral.ExtensionInfoCallLog}

@from: {RingCentral.CallLogCallerInfo}

id: "4fg8XIBj2p7ussA"

lastModifiedTime: null

legs: null

reason: "Fax Not Sent"

reasonDescription: "An attempt to send the fax was made, but could not connect with the receiving fax machine."

recording: null

result: "Fax Not Sent"

sessionId: "-363044400502"

shortRecording: null

startTime: "2020-12-09T16:23:40.596Z"

telephonySessionId: null

to: {RingCentral.CallLogCallerInfo}

transport: null

@type: "Fax"

uri: "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/687971005/call-log/4fg8XIBj2p7ussA?view=Simple"

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek answered

Never mind, I think I figured it out, if you don't put dates in it returns nothing.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys