question

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver asked Shelby Tolliver commented

RingCentral.NET How to obtain Login Form for public app user

In C# web app using the "RestClient" class to access RingCentral. My RingCentral app is public and we will need our various clients to log in to RingCentral (thru our app) in order to accept our app's need for the listed permissions.

Question. What method on the "RestClient" class will allow us to obtain the URL for the RingCentral page that will present this user/pass field to our clients? In a prior version of the client I could specify "AuthorizeUri" and would get (in return) that URL. It's not there any longer. Is the RestClient the wrong class for this?

Thanks

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You can follow the QS sample from here.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver answered Shelby Tolliver commented

This sample might work with the NuGet package "RingCentral.Client", but the recommended package "RingCentral.Net" doesn't seem to have the "AuthorizeUri" method however. Is there another method in this package that is equivalent?

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What do you mean? This is the RingCentral .Net SDK I referred to and you should use this one.

https://github.com/ringcentral/RingCentral.Net

0 Likes 0 ·
Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Ok. After following multiple links I found more detail on this. Apparently, with the new "RingCentral.Net" package, in order to use the "AuthorizeUri" method (which was readily available in the "RingCentral.Client" package), you now have to further install the "RingCentral.Net.AuthorizeUri" package.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys