question

Jeff Craig avatar image
Jeff Craig asked Phong Vu commented

Azure Networking Issues .NET SDK

I'm using the RingCentral .NET SDK (currently v2.3.0) in Azure in both an API App and an Azure Function App. These apps sit in different Azure regions on different machines, but starting a couple of weeks ago I started receiving the below error and now receive it intermittently on the API but almost every time my Azure Function runs, which causes it to fail. Restarting the function app seems to make it run properly once or twice but it soon reverts to erroring out again shortly after that.

I've seen others mention this problem but haven't seen any real solutions other than check your network. I can't seem to figure out the root cause of this error on my end and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on how to best troubleshoot this. Thanks for the help!

An Error OccurredSystem.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 

sdk
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jeff,

You should add more trace into your code to narrow down to around the part where the error happens. Otherwise it is extremely hard for anyone to help without having the same environment as yours.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Jeff Craig commented

Can you please check this issue with the backend team by submitting a support ticket?

They can debug the issue and help you in this case.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jeff Craig avatar image Jeff Craig commented ·

Thanks! I'll contact them right now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys