question

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 asked hardik-joshi6230 commented

Fax CoverPageText removed after some Special Characters.

Hi Team,

While sending new Fax, when you enter some special characters in CoverPageText it remove cover page text after #...

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered hardik-joshi6230 commented
Hi Hardik,

Can you double check your findings? I just test with my node JS test app and it works well with the # symbol in the coverPageText field.

Show me some code and the exact text you put in the coverPageText.

+ Phong
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image hardik-joshi6230 commented ·
Hi Phong,

we are using C# sdk in our application to send a fax, please see attached images for the special characters we are using and getting output.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
I tested with my C# code and got no problem. Here is how I define the coverPageText and the result.

var parameters = new FaxPath.PostParameters
{ to = new CallerInfo[] { new CallerInfo { phoneNumber = sendTo.Value } }, faxResolution = "High", coverPageText = "Some text with special !@#$%^&*()-= _+{}\\[]| :\";'<>,.?/ characters" };

Not sure what is going with your app/code. But this is to confirm that those special characters does not break the cover page text.

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·
hardik-joshi6230 avatar image hardik-joshi6230 commented ·
Thanks Phong,

Issue resolved now, it was a problem from our end.

0 Likes 0 ·
hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 answered
Hi Team,

Any updates on above issue ?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys