question

Lisa J Serrata avatar image
Lisa J Serrata asked mary-community-moderator commented

How do I add a customer fax cover sheet in the new Ring Central Desktop App?

I need to set up a custom cover page for my outgoing faxes in the new Ring Central Desktop App. However, I cannot find that feature in the new application. Please advise.

fax
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jesse-barnes avatar image jesse-barnes commented ·

We would like to transition to this new desktop app and get rid of the Desktop Phone app, but we don't want to lose our company branded fax cover sheet as we use it A LOT and are well known in our area. To downgrade to a text only cheesy cover page would be a negative impact to our business presence. So we would like to to have this added too please!

0 Likes 0 ·
Anney Banales avatar image Anney Banales commented ·

We are new to Ring Central and have just found out that there is no way to send a fax coversheet that includes our company logo or the standard fields:

TO:

COMPANY:

PHONE:

I am told that you just add it to the NOTES of the coversheet doc. This seems very unprofessional. Your themed cover sheets all contain these field headers. Why wouldn't there be a way to populate them?

PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY in the app. It seems like it would be quite easy to build these in. Thank you!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This functionality is not available with the RingCentral App. Please add your votes here.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jesse-barnes avatar image
jesse-barnes answered

We use the "Desktop Phone" app and it does have the option of adding multiple custom cover sheets. The Main app leaves A LOT to be desired still. They insist they are working on it but progress has been painfully slow. They have a field template that shows how you can insert the To Company and NOTE fields, the phone, fax, date, etc are auto entered based on the contact info. I have attached some examples and the actual word document I use. Hope it helps1.png2.png485 Cover.zip

1.png (9.1 KiB)
2.png (11.4 KiB)
485-cover.zip (229.5 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app