question

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver asked Shelby Tolliver commented

Telephony Session Identifiers - Unique across all Ring Central accounts?

Our public app will subscribe to telephony session event notifications (webhooks) on behalf of multiple RingCentral accounts.

To distinguish incoming telephony events between accounts, will the Telephony Session Identifier be enough to uniquely identify a session to a client, or a combination of account Id and session Id be necessary? Basically, will there ever be a case where 2 different RC accounts would have telephony sessions with the same session Id?

Thanks

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Saying "across all RingCentral accounts" do you really mean different companies? Many developers called accounts but they just meant extensions so I need to confirm. Anyway, I believe that the telephony session id is unique.

If you meant different companies, you should first identify the account id, then the telephony session id, this way you can identify which company to operate on.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver answered Shelby Tolliver commented

Thanks Phong. "Yes", I mean across different companies that use both RingCentral and our software. We plan on storing all session events in the db as they arrive. Don't want to later retrieve a group of event records that share the same sessionId, but belong to multiple companies. If that's a possibility we'll have to key off of both sessionId and companyId (or accountId as you mention). We'll always store the accountId, but don't want to key off it if we don't have to.

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Isn't that each company should have at least own db table? I don't think it's a good idea to store events of different companies in the same table. Also now you mention sessionId, session id is different from telephony session id though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The initial table is used just as a temporary holding area. Later on we will move the records out of this table and do all the call record assembly, etc. This is a monitoring application (not call control) so using sessionId works for us. We could use the the telephony session id if it will guaranty uniqueness across companies (that is, if the sessionId won't).

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys