question

Cristina Dumitrascu avatar image
Cristina Dumitrascu asked Cristina Dumitrascu answered

Inbound calls - Can't hear each other when on headphones

Hi all,

I have a couple of users (WFH - Different ISP's/houses/regions) having a strange issue with RingCentral.

As long as the call is an outbound call, everything works fine, from both Jabar headset and directly from the laptop.

However, if the call is an incoming one, both sides cannot hear each other anymore when using the headset. If using laptop mic and sound, this works fine.

- Tried to uninstall RingCentral and install the latest version, issue persists.

- Tried to play around with the RC settings "Audio sources" - still no success.

- Tried also to download the latest Jabra application for the option in RC of "Headset support" - issue persists.

I am kind of out of ides and was wondering if anyone else might have the same issue and can suggest anything please.

Thanks

phonehardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Patrick Keller avatar image
Patrick Keller answered

We use Plantronics 5200 and have had the same issues. I found unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in works for me in fixing a problem similar to that.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cristina Dumitrascu avatar image
Cristina Dumitrascu answered

Hi Patrick, thanks for the answer. We have tried that as well, should have mentioned it in the post, it didn't solve our issue. We have tried a different USB port, just in case this might be the root cause.

Still no success.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app