question

18551_r avatar image
18551_r asked Phong Vu answered

How do I use RingCentral dialer with the developer account?

I am new to RingCentral and need help on how to test the RingCentral integration with the RingCentral dialer. Do I need to use the RingCentral dialer? Or can I call my RingCentral phone number from a regular phone to test the call?

I have a RingCentral developer account, and I am trying to test my OAuth configuration and calls to receive the webhooks. I installed the RingCentral app on Mac and on login I get this message:

Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions.

Can you please let me know what I am missing here and how I can debug/test my RingCentral integration?

integrationsoauth2
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered

Can someone please help with how to test the OAuth? Is there a RingCentral dialer that I should use to test?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Open this link and download the RC Phone (Desktop) app for Windows or MacOS accordingly. Install the app and run it. Switch the app to sandbox mode before login by:

On Windows: Ctrl + F2

On MacOS: Fn + Command + F2

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered 18551_r edited

Thanks for the response, Vu . I already had this app installed on my Mac. When I press Fn+Command+F2 (before login) nothing happens in the is it supposed to open a different UI?

I tried login after pressing Fn + command+F2 and the login just hung with a spinning "Please Wait" message

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered

screen-shot-2021-01-26-at-11738-pm.pngI believe i have the right app install (RC Phone desktop for Mac)

If I click Fn+Command+F2 the screen just stays as is

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

when you press those combined keys, you should see a small popup like this. Then choose the "sandbox" option.

screen-shot-2021-01-26-at-12915-pm.png

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered Phong Vu commented

I have reinstalled and now I see the popup for Sandbox/Produciton and I logged into my Sandbox. From here if I make a call to a regular mobile number, I dont seem to be receiving the call.

Should I expect this call to work?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Call to U.S number or international? Sandbox does not support call to international numbers. You will have 500 mins free out of the box for testing voice call. It's a new sandbox, I don't think that you run out of free credit though.

0 Likes 0 ·
18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered Phong Vu commented

I am calling an us number. Should expect the normal phone to work or will only go directly to through the developer api. Sorry for the really basic question. I am new to Ringcentral.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I don't know what you meant here "Should expect the normal phone to work or will only go directly to through the developer api".

What is your sandbox main company number?

0 Likes 0 ·
18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered

Just to clarify: I using the RingCentral Phone dialer to call a regular phone. Will this call come the phone directly?

Main Company number: +15648882482

Sandbox number: +14243302166

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Your production account is only for Meeting. It does not supporting Voice so you can't make voice call from that.

For your sandbox (+14243302166) account, you should be able to make and receive test calls. Based on the call log, I see you have made and received lots of calls. So what is the issue here?

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered

I believe I dont have production setup yet. I created the app only for sandbox. I have been making the calls from ring central phone desktop using the sandbox account (+14243302166) but unfortunately I am not receiving any of the calls on the phone. Attaching a screen shot.. Stays in progress for about 40-50 seconds and then comes back to the dial pad again with briefly showing:

Call Status: Finished

Caller Status: success

Is this normal. Normally with other dialer that we have integrated we have seen the dial pad allows you make the call to a regular land line or mobile phone that we can pickup answer. Is that not the case here?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys