question

18551_r avatar image
18551_r asked Phong Vu answered

How do I use RingCentral dialer with the developer account?

I am new to RingCentral and need help on how to test the RingCentral integration with the RingCentral dialer. Do I need to use the RingCentral dialer? Or can I call my RingCentral phone number from a regular phone to test the call?

I have a RingCentral developer account, and I am trying to test my OAuth configuration and calls to receive the webhooks. I installed the RingCentral app on Mac and on login I get this message:

Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions.

Can you please let me know what I am missing here and how I can debug/test my RingCentral integration?

integrationsoauth2
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered Phong Vu commented

Can you please let me know if I can make call from the dialer to a Mobile and receive calls as part of the testing process?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

To be honest, I don't know how to help you anymore. Your questions and explanations are confusing me. I recommend you open a support ticket and someone may get you on a call to walk you thru.

0 Likes 0 ·
18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered Phong Vu edited

I have submitted a support ticket and have not gotten any response.

What I am trying to understand is that if I use the RC Phone app and call a mobile number, will that mobile number receive a call? This is the question I have asked on this thread several times. The mobile number that I call is not receiving the call at all.

Can you please tell me what should happen when I use the RC Phone dial pad and call a mobile number?

thanks for your help

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you could login the RingCentral softphone, you would be able to make test call. I don't know where did you get these if you dialed from the softphone:

Call Status: Finished

Caller Status: success

Take a screenshot where you could login the RingCentral softphone and show me.

0 Likes 0 ·
18551_r avatar image

screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-90255-am.pngscreen-shot-2021-02-01-at-90245-am.pngI have captured screen shots from every point in my login to the Sandbox env

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The problem is you don't have any direct number, nor a digital line. That is why you would see the "Ring Out" on the RC softphone. I just added a direct number to the 101 user extension. Now logout the softphone and re-login. You should see the "Dial Pad" instead of the "Ring Out".

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image

Thanks for the quick response

I logged out and logged back in. I see that you have added the +1 6502930321 number now.

Should I use this in the customer number box. What is the custom number box for?

I still dont get the call on the phon screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-92502-am.pngenumber I called.

1 |3000

18551_r avatar image
18551_r answered

Think I got it..

thanks for your help

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Click on the settings icon on the bottom menu bar and change the Outgoing call to "Direct dial" to make direct call.

screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-94050-am.png

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys