question

Paul Farah avatar image
Paul Farah asked mary-community-moderator commented

Call Queue Query

I have a RC Call Queue Query. Are you able to tell me the difference between Member Status and Queue Status?

1611701664769.jpeg

Each morning the queue manager would login and enable the queue status for those onsite and taking calls. I thought that the agents could toggle this themselves using the “Accept call queue calls” option?

1611701735537.jpeg

When they do toggle this option off it then updates the portal and turns off member status off. Is that correct?

1611701702777.jpeg

The call queue manager wants the agents to be able to log in and out of the queue themselves, instead of her doing it each morning.

Thanks

call queues
1611701664769.jpeg (22.1 KiB)
1611701702777.jpeg (2.8 KiB)
1611701735537.jpeg (15.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hello Paul,

That's correct. The status of the member will be unavailable when they turn off " Do not accept call queue calls".

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Paul Farah avatar image Paul Farah commented ·

Thanks Mary,

You would think that the toggle for queue status will be off when you turn off " Do not accept call queue calls".

Then what is the difference between Member Status and Queue Status?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Smith avatar image Tim Smith commented ·

Hi,

Member Status - for all queues - i.e. member has set "accept queue calls" on

Queue Status - for each call.. i.e. member could be member of multiple queues - but they can control status in each individual queue - i.e. take Sales calls, but not Support.

Cheers,

Tim.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tim Smith commented ·

Thanks Tim!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app