question

Patti Woodward avatar image
Patti Woodward asked Patti Woodward commented

How do you test the system for "after hours" or "closed" times during the day?

Hello

We are trying to test the after hours (closed) flow of our phone setup but when we change the Company hours, Queues hours and even the Users hours, to a time earlier than the current time, the phone system is still in day time (open) mode.

So how is one supposed to accomplished this? It's obvious, the Company hours do not take the highest precedent.

This is extremely frustrating and time consuming and we cannot find documentation on this either.

admin portal
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Patti Woodward avatar image Patti Woodward commented ·

Hello. I was able to answer my question for our situation. I was use using a single IVR when I needed to use a multiple IVR. Once I switched to multiple, I was able to get our phones working the way we wanted and I was able test the closing messages and design flow by changing the closing times.

This worked seamlessly for multiple IVRs but have no idea why that wouldn't work for the single IVR .

Thanks for feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi Patti,

Instead of changing the hours, change the business days depending on what day is today.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered Joe Cache edited

If you have an IVR set up - under the General Settings/IVR - there's Custom Time you can add:

1612286443654.png

Are you stating that even with altering/adding a custom time, the IVR ignores it?

We used the Custom times to test the IVR - just setting it close in time, and then setting an alarm on our watch to make sure we didn't miss the cutoff! (sometimes shiny things get in the way, right?)

* - I added the numbers at the front since RC alphas the rule sets - made it easier to follow.

That's how we did it, hope that helps.

1612286443654.png (17.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app