question

Jordan Hunnicutt avatar image
Jordan Hunnicutt asked mary-community-moderator commented

Incoming calls are instantly missed or don't even reach me

I'm in a team of support members who receive incoming calls regularly. Since yesterday morning I have been experiencing an issue where an incoming call instantly fails and is counted as missed. I didn't look into it further because I ended up doing outgoing calls for the rest of the day and got too busy to think of it again.

I figured the issue would have been resolved with a restart to my PC, but I see that isn't the case.

I am interfacing with Ring Central through a page I had open in Firefox. I tried Chrome, but the situation got even stranger because queue calls wouldn't even be sent to me, even though I was in the queue.

I've logged out and back into Ring Central, both on the Windows app I have installed, as well as the plugin on our ticket website. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue.

Here is an image of what my incoming calls are doing:

1611936035282.png

Thanks for any and all info!

phone
1611936035282.png (8.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi Jordan,

Please make sure that the availability status in your online portal is not set to Do not accept call queue calls.
Please follow this instructions below on how to configure.

1. Log in to your RingCentral online account
2. Click your name at the upper right corner of your RingCentral Online account, and set your availability status to either Do not accept call queue calls or Do not accept any calls.

• Do not accept call queue calls - you will still receive calls going directly to your extension, but you will not be able to receive calls from a department or call queue
  • Do not accept any calls - you will not receive any notifications or calls
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jordan Hunnicutt avatar image
Jordan Hunnicutt answered mary-community-moderator commented

Thanks for the reply!

Turns out my number of rings in my settings got set to 1. That's why it was failing seemingly instantly.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Glad it's working again!

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app