question

Tanya Baluja avatar image
Tanya Baluja asked paco-vu answered

How long is this outage expected to last?

Hey all,

I've been using the Ringcentral API for texting in a client communication app. Woke up this morning to a dozen different calls from clients that they weren't able to send texts using the Production API. I understand that this may be related to the outage, but some warning would have been appreciated. How much longer can we expect to be out?

Thanks,

Ramneek

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Please submit a support ticket to the developer support team and request them to look into it ASAP. They will get in touch with you and will take care of it.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

paco-vu avatar image
paco-vu answered

Have you received any email from our service regarding the outage? So far I am not aware of any outage and I still can send SMS messages from production account. Please make sure that your number is not blocked by carrier if the app send too many SMS which violate the regulation. See this blog for reference.

Again, that is just my assumption without knowing how you implemented your app.

Let me know.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys