question

Dariusz C. avatar image
Dariusz C. asked Dariusz C. commented

Issue with fax in sandbox account

I have previously created an internal app for automated sending of faxes from our back end system which I did in my previous sandbox environment where I had no issues sending faxes from sandbox to my production number during testing but recently I had to make a minor change to the app and wanted to test it in sandbox. My previous sandbox has been deactivated due to inactivate so I created a new one but noticed that any faxes sent from the new sandbox to either the sandbox number or my production extension fail every time. I'm not even talking about sending faxes from my custom app as sending a fax from sandbox extension admin web page fails as well.

I hope dev team is looking at this forum as at this point my sandbox is unusable for testing anything with fax in/out and I did not receive any reply to my email I sent to dev team days ago about this issue :/

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your sandbox main company number and your app client id?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dariusz C. avatar image
Dariusz C. answered Dariusz C. commented

Sandbox #14242587378 and app client ID msMKEY1VQzidhPMJ56omsg

But note that this app is working fine in prod and once I noticed that fax out was failing in non-modified app code in new sandbox I tried tested fax from sandbox extension admin web portal and it fails there too. It appears to dial out but fails to establish fax connection with either sandbox number or my prod user extension DID. If you can access call log (from 2/11) in my sandbox account you will see the issue.

8 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I just login your sandbox account and send a test fax from there successfully. Can you try it yourself. And in your app, make sure you are using the client id and client secret for sandbox as well.

screen-shot-2021-02-18-at-125810-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Dariusz C. avatar image Dariusz C. commented ·

Hmm, maybe you have special permissions or I'm running in to some kind of backend permissions issue as I still cannot send even a simple 1 page test page from sandbox account extension web portal. Still fails in call log after 3 attempts and shows failure in Messages > Outbox. On the receiving side the 3 attempts show up as missed call in RC app. I confirmed that my DID is setup for Voice and Fax and it can receive faxes from any other source I tested it with except RC sandbox.

simple-call-log-ringcentral.png

outbox-ringcentral.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Dariusz C. commented ·

Nothing is special or more powerful from me login your sandbox via our admin tool. Did you receive the new fax I just sent to your test number? It looks like the attachment you used was not support. Can you try to fax a simple, small .jpg or .png image?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dariusz C. avatar image Dariusz C. Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes I received your test fax just fine. I'm puzzled why it does not work when I send the fax with my login then.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys