question

Brandon Poindexter avatar image
Brandon Poindexter asked anon-user Deactivated edited

RingCentral Archiver using SFTP server on Synology Diskstation

We are trying to use a Synology DiskStation running an SFTP server as the storage back end for RingCentral Archiver. It's not going well. Often times call recordings are listed as having failed to archive even after multiple retries. I can't get RingCentral to give us any kind of more specific error logging to try to determine the cause.

What SFTP servers are you all using, and how good is the reliability?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brandon Poindexter answered mary-community-moderator commented

I've been through this multiple times at this point. My configuration is correct.

I've been through that document mutliple times. My service is configured correctly from the firewall end of things.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Please reach out to our Technical Support so they can check on it. All of our Support numbers can be found here. You may also open a support case online here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brandon Poindexter answered mary-community-moderator commented

Tech support is suggesting we disconnect and reconnect the Archiver. We have done this multiple times already and I have no intention of doing it again. This is NOT a solution.

I’m looking through my SFTP server logs and finding no evidence of failed connections or failed uploads at the times I see my failed upload in the Archiver’s interface. There is no evidence of a problem on my end. The problem is on RingCentral’s end, and the department that built and coded this integration needs to be looking into this.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Brandon Poindexter, was your ticket closed after they advised you to disconnect/reconnect?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app