question

Main Mailbox avatar image
Main Mailbox asked mary-community-moderator edited

View all calls and messages from all extensions at same time?

Hi everyone,

I have a basic account with 1 phone number. I created three extensions as a means to separate the calls. The main number and three extensions were all created with the same email address.

When I sign into the app, I can only view 1 extension at a time.

I am hoping to figure out a way to view the main number and three additional extension calls and messages at the same time on the app.

Thanks!
Jason

extension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello Jason, that would be the expected behavior of our app. You can only view one extension unless you log out and log in to the app with a different extension. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

When you sign in the app with one user you will get to view all the features of that user/extension and each time you sign in you require authentication(credentials) for that particular user/extension.

This is purely due to security reason and to protect privacy of the users and extensions as you cannot have permission to view or message from another extension/users. In RingCentral each users require their own credentials and authentication for call/message in app or even in API call.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app