question

Yordanos Ayele avatar image
Yordanos Ayele asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Feature Request - Remove Message Tab Completely for Specific Users

Currently, customers have the option to hide the Message tab in the RingCentral app and remove it from the main navigation, however, it is still accessible in the More menu. If they want to disable the Message function completely, they would have to disable messaging for the entire account. Can we make it possible to remove the Message functionality completely for specific users through roles/permissions?

Please review Support ticket #12428938 as a use case.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Thanks for this, @Yordanos Ayele. I would highly suggest posting this to our idea portal. Please click HERE to post. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alvin Packard avatar image Alvin Packard commented ·

I agree with this. We would like to remove the message tab from RC as well.

I agree. I would like the option to remove the messages tab. We already have a program we utilize.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Alvin Packard commented ·

Hi @Alvin Packard, you can vote and add a comment for this feature here.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Josh Berman avatar image
Josh Berman answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

This feature has been added, but you have to contact Support to have this feature added to your account. Once they do, in your Roles you'll have an option called "Message Tab Shown in Main Navigation". That will show or hide all Messaging features for users who have that role assigned. Beware though, if Messaging is turned off, some of the HUD call/text menu buttons disappear. And if you have Messaging turned on, then the HUD status shows Offline for everyone and doesn't update like it should. I've contacted Support about both of these issues and they are working on it. If they resolve them, I will post another comment here.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hey, @Josh Berman Thanks for sharing this info!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app