question

Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image
Ashlesha Shirodkar asked ·

Invalid resource owner credentials Invalid Grant using RestClient

I have created a sandbox app. I am using RestClient api . With the credentials from my sandbox. Password is my Ringcentral account pasword.

restClient = new RestClient(RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, RINGCENTRAL_SERVER);

restClient.authorize(RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD);

I get error on authentication.

AceRoutingKey: sjc11-c01-ace11.1e06d9b3-8c80-11eb-971a-005056bb8878

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) RoutingKey: SJC11P01

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9)

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) {

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) "error" : "invalid_grant",

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) "errors" : [ {

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) "errorCode" : "OAU-140",

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) "message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) } ],

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) "error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

11:27:09,559 ERROR [stderr] (test task-9) }

Please let me know what is wrong here? I have setup the sanbox as per teh instruction specidfied for password authentication type.

authentication error
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

You said "Password is my Ringcentral account pasword." Do you mean the user name and password you login the RingCentral dev portal at https://developers.ringcentral.com? If that is the case, it is wrong.

You can find our sandbox username from the dev portal by select the "Sandbox Accounts" option.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ashlesha Shirodkar answered ·

the user name is phone no. I copied the credentials from the JSON

{"RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID":"G2IVTQIvRriGGO4QEiIt9Q","RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET":"Mx8cfv-kRLSpTP0RIB7wfQ43NGUOqjQfWS5_TAjxXU9A","RINGCENTRAL_SERVER":"https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com","RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME":"+13128589132","RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION":"101","RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD":"<YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD>"}

What do you mean by Your account password? in credentials it just shows "Active". So i used my Ringcentral account pasword.

1 comment

Don't ask me. That was what you wrote

"I have created a sandbox app. I am using RestClient api . With the credentials from my sandbox. Password is my Ringcentral account pasword."

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashlesha Shirodkar answered ·

i changed my sandbox password and passing that password but get error when i use RestClient.java

6 comments

I looked for a sandbox account with this main company number "+13128589132" and found nothing. I doubt that this is the username for your dev portal, not your sandbox

0 Likes 0 ·

RestClient started working now after with new sandbox password. I am now trying to use ok3Http gives 404 error for below url . Basic authentication set in header for {clientid:secretkey}

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token?grant_type=password&username=+13128589132&extension=101&password=#####

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ashlesha Shirodkar ·

You said RestClient started working and you still have problem to authenticated a user. So what really worked? Are you using the Java SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.