question

Sonia K. avatar image
Sonia K. asked Sonia K. commented

Sound no longer playing when someone enters the videoconference waiting room

Hello,

Ever since the most recent update, the chime is no longer playing when an attendee enters the waiting room (on both RingCentral Meetings AND RingCentral Video).

Now, when someone enters the waiting room, I only get a text notification on the top of my screen (no sound). Once the attendee has been admitted into the meeting, however, I do hear the chime.

I am running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on a 2018 MacBook Air with an Intel processor.

ringcentral appvideo
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Sonia K. commented

Hi Sonia, for RCV you can turn it on and off.

1. In the RingCentral App, go to Settings Icon
  2. Video
  3. Click Edit under Video meeting settings.
  4. Toggle Entry and Exit tones

You can both turn on entry and exit or entry only.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

@Sonia K if you are still experiencing this issue with your system, suggest you to check with technical support team of RC as these kinds of issues are specific to users

0 Likes 0 ·
Sonia K. avatar image Sonia K. Anirban commented ·

How do I get in touch with the technical support team of RC?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sonia K. avatar image
Sonia K. answered Sonia K. commented

Hi Mary,

This setting is, and has been toggled on. The entry tone seems to be playing, but only once I have admitted them from the waiting room... NOT when they first enter the waiting room, which is what used to happen.

2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for clarifying, Sonia. I'll be checking with our Product Team about this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sonia K. avatar image Sonia K. mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you very much!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app