question

Steven M. Lagenour avatar image
Steven M. Lagenour asked mary-community-moderator commented

Dial from Desktop App --> Phone App Dials Out,Input Number from Desktop App --> Phone App picks it up and dials out

I'm looking for a feature that Google Voice has. I want to dial out from the desktop app and the phone app execute the "dial out".

Steps laid-out:

1) I Input the number via Desktop App --> 2) I hit dial --> 3) Phone App "picks up/receives the command" for step 2's dial out request --> 4) Phone app executes dial out request

I'm looking for a feature that Google Voice has. I'd like to use the desktop app to input the phone number, hit call, and then dial out from my phone (RingCentral phone app).

Input Number on Desktop App --> Hit Dial --> Phone App dials out

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Steven, we have the switch call feature available. Process is you dial the number from the Desktop App, once call is active, you can switch the call to the RingCentral App on your mobile. Please check this process in our Support site at https://support.ringcentral.com/ and search for Switch a Call Between Desktop and Phone in the RingCentral App.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Puckett avatar image Susan Puckett commented ·

Moderator, If I am dialing on my computer App-- I need to switch to my Yealink Desk phone. -- Call Flip looks like the way to go-- or is there a way to have it ring on the mobile device when dialing on the computer app?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Susan Puckett commented ·

Yes, you can flip your calls from the desk phone to the Desktop app. When you say mobile device, are you referring to the mobile app or mobile phone number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app