question

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek asked Bruce Ganek answered

Sending a fax with an international country code, the county is ignored.

I am using the API to send faxes to other countries. It works great for US numbers. When I use an international number and include the country code in the phone number, the country code appears to be ignored and it thinks the number is a US number. I confirmed in the debugger that I am passing the full number to the API in the MessageStoreCalleeInfoRequest's Phone Number Parameter - 15 digits (I'm in C#).

I've pulled back the call logs and message store for this call and they both are taking out the international country code.

What do I need to do in order to format things so the international code is taken?

var sendFaxMessageRequest = new CreateFaxMessageRequest

{

to = new[]

{

new MessageStoreCalleeInfoRequest

{

phoneNumber = RINGCENTRAL_RECEIVER,

name = "BK:Member " + MemberNumber

}

},

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Vyshakh Babji avatar image
Vyshakh Babji answered

Do you have international billing enabled for your account/extension ?

You should be able to send fax by using E164 format for your "TO" number- something like this :

POST /fax

'{"to":["+44XXXXXXXX"]}'

where +44 is countrycode followed by your phone number

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek answered

Hello,

We made sure international billing is enabled. It appears that the phone number's country code is just being ignored and it is just using the 10 digits.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys