question

Alfredo Inostroza avatar image
Alfredo Inostroza asked Alfredo Inostroza commented

API Ring-Out using forwardingNumberId not working after Ring Central Phone App to Ring Central App transition?

We have dialer software that calls the Ring-Out API endpoint. The FROM phone uses the forwardingNumberId . It's much faster than having the extension ring, on the order of seconds, which is a big deal when the same agents get incoming calls.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/ring-out

I can't get the endpoint to dial my softphone no matter what I do.

It appears to me that the issue is around whether or not the soft phone registers itself as Used Phone in the RingCentral Phone System admin area. I noticed it was offline. I deregistered the old app. The new app didn't re-register it. I switched the extension to a hard phone, and the app didn't register as a new soft phone.

Am I missing something? Will I need to revert to using the from DID?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Alfredo Inostroza commented

This will need some investigation. Please open a help ticket.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alfredo Inostroza avatar image Alfredo Inostroza commented ·

Will do

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys