question

Francisco Sosa avatar image
Francisco Sosa asked Francisco Sosa commented

How to create and update Internal Contacts?

Hi I am using this endpoint to get the list of Contacts

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/directory/entries

However, I would like to know if there is a way to create a new entry or to update some existing one through the API?

Regards

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Francisco Sosa commented

There are basically 2 kind of contact: Internal and External contacts.

Internal contact are basically users within the same organization. Any new user added in an extensions will be automatically added in your internal contacts.

For external contacts you need to create it as it is specific to extensions and external to organization. You can create, update or delete external contacts even with APIs here

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Francisco Sosa avatar image Francisco Sosa commented ·

Hey, this is very useful. I am very new working with RingCentral, @Anirban could you share with me the API to add (create) users within the same organization? The extensions APÏ I guess, please

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Francisco Sosa avatar image Francisco Sosa commented ·

To be clear I need POST and PUT endpoints to add and update an Internal Contact. Could you share them with me?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Francisco Sosa avatar image
Francisco Sosa answered

Hey, this is very useful. I am very new working with RingCentral, @Anirban could you share with me the API to add (create) users within the same organization? The extensions APÏ I guess, please

Regards

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys