question

Devendra Laulkar avatar image
Devendra Laulkar asked Phong Vu commented

Webhooks not working for new subscription - How do I resolve CallControl permission requirement?

Hi,

For new users who have subscribed for webhooks - We are not receiving webhooks.

Error:

disabledFilters": [{"filter": "/restapi/v1.0/account/<acc_id>/extension/<ext_id>/telephony/sessions", "reason": "SUB-410", "message": "Required application permission [CallControl] is missing"}],

We have not changed any permissions on our end.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

It's clearly that your app does not have the Call Control permission. All you need to do is to add the missing permission and test it again.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Devendra Laulkar answered

@Phong Vu - This is for our production app. We have not changed anything in our app. Our customer already has users where we are getting webhooks. The customer added 4 new users, and then we are seeing this issue. We are not using the Call Control permission.

1 |3000

Devendra Laulkar answered

@Phong Vu - Is there a change in the way webhook subscription are handled? Or we need to update our app?

1 |3000

Devendra Laulkar answered Phong Vu commented

Was Call Control newly added for using TelephonySession Notifications ?
I see the help article is updated on 2020-07-17(Our app was graduated much before that)
https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/telephony-session-notifications
Our app had graduated much earlier on Jan-21-2020, and had been using TelephonySession notifications to get webhooks for calls without any issues until 20th Aptil 2021.

Please help us add this permission to the app as nothing has changed on our front.

5 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The Call Control permission is required for the /telephony/session event notification since the event filter was introduced. I am no sure why your app did not catch the error earlier. Give me the app client id so I can check.

0 Likes 0 ·
Devendra Laulkar avatar image Devendra Laulkar Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Client ID: XVLqNc5NSPGmdehE_V-TYg

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Devendra Laulkar commented ·

Added!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys