question

Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image
Ashlesha Shirodkar asked Phong Vu commented

Promoted to production .. but getting authorization error

I see we are promoted to production. Do i need to set up credentials using Setup Wizard for our main account the same way i did for sandbox account?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Ashlesha Shirodkar commented

I don't know what is the "Setup Wizard" you mentioned above. But here is the fundamental requirement.

Use your app credentials (app client id and client secret) for you sandbox when you test it in sandbox environment.

Use your app credentials (app client id and client secret) for you production when you run your app in production environment.

screen-shot-2021-04-28-at-83427-am.png

If you use a RingCentral SDK, e.g. the RingCentral JS SDK, here is the example how to specify the app client id and secret

// sandbox server: "https://platform.devtest.ringcentrsl.com"
// production server: "https://platform.ringcentrsl.com"

var rcsdk = new RingCentral({ server: RINGCENTRAL_SERVER, clientId: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, clientSecret: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET });

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image Ashlesha Shirodkar commented ·

I am using the Production Credentials for "GSMLSTEXT" app. I am not sure about the password. I tried using my account password as well as Sandbox password. I get same error

I still get following error

error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image
Ashlesha Shirodkar answered Phong Vu commented

I am now using the Production Credentials . The password is same as the one is used for Sandbox

I still get following error

error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

8 comments
1 |3000

Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image Ashlesha Shirodkar commented ·

I am still waiting for reply. I am unable to use Production Credentials for "GSMLSTEXT' app

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ashlesha Shirodkar commented ·

First you wrote "I am not sure about the password", then you wrote "The password is same as the one is used for Sandbox"

The error is clearly said "Invalid resource owner credentials"

How are you sure about your password is correct?

Can you login your production account service web with that user credentials? If you can, use the exact username, extension number and password in your app and it must work. Otherwise, reset your password.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashlesha Shirodkar avatar image Ashlesha Shirodkar Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am able to login production account service web with username as my email id ashlesha@gsmls.com and the password that i have set.

However when i do it through API

RequestBody formBody = new FormBody.Builder()

.add("grant_type", "password")

.add("username", objCredentials.getUsername())

.add("extension", objCredentials.getExtension())

.add("password", objCredentials.getPassword())

.build();

The user name i set is +19738981900 . The one i see in the Production Enviornment and the same password and extension as 101. For which i get

Invalid resource owner credentials error

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys