question

Dave Harrison 301 avatar image
Dave Harrison 301 asked Dave Harrison 301 answered

screen pop the RC Phone from CRM?

Good morning all, I hope this is a simple question already covered, but i cant find the answer.

We currently use the RC Phone app for making calls in our call centre. our advisors have to copy the phone number and paste this into RC phone app. to make calls.

On our own CRM application (webforms aspx), outbound calling, I want to send the phone number to the RC phone app with a click of the button for quick dialling.

is that possible?

Reading the API developer docs, it’s all about making your own RC app, which I don’t want to do.

Tia
Dave

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Simply add this URI scheme to your html page

<a target="_blank" href="rcmobile://call?number=phoneNumber">Call this number</a>

And if you also want to send text message, use these URI schemes

<a target="_blank" href="rcmobile://sms?number=phoneNumber">Text this number</a>
<a target="_blank" href="rcmobile://sms?number=phoneNumber&body=Hello world">Text this number</a>

Hope this helps

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dave Harrison 301 avatar image
Dave Harrison 301 answered

:o , wow. as simple as that! thank you so much.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys