question

dan-vlamis12078 avatar image
dan-vlamis12078 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Any plans to incorporate Zoom as Zoom, not RC?

I use my RC meetings account to host meetings with various organizations. I try to be clear on how to join, but invariably, people don't download the plugin and have trouble joining meetings. They all know how to join Zoom meetings because it is ubiquitous. But they often have trouble joining a Ring Central meeting. Are there any plans to actually incorporate real Zoom accounts for us instead of Ring Central "powered by Zoom"? I'm tired of losing the first 5 minutes of my meeting and having all my professional business contacts ask "why don't you just use Zoom?"

meetings
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Dan, this is not in the roadmap. Have you tried RingCentral Video? Learn more about RingCentral Video here.

0 Likes 0 ·
dan-vlamis12078 avatar image dan-vlamis12078 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the link - I had not heard about Ring Central Video, but this does not address my concern. The problem is not with the functionality of Ring Central Meetings. The problem is that people that I invite to the meeting have a hard time joining RC meetings. They already have Zoom and know it. RC is an unknown in the marketplace and they don't want to have to download another app. The "join from web browser" is not prominent enough. So my meetings with new people always start late because of the person that's having trouble with RC. Are there plans to make it easier for people to join RC meetings? If not, I will probably go with Zoom and will look for alternatives to Ring Central. Thank you for the quick response.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ dan-vlamis12078 commented ·

@dan-vlamis, you may add your idea on improving RingCentral Meetings in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app