Conversations

Photo of Chris Zimmerman
SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it ...
  • 115 me toos
  • 45 replies
  • Idea
Photo of BISHOP
Implement email to RC SMS functionality
All major cell carriers support an email address scheme in which anybody can send a message to <phonenumber>@carrier.com, and the text in...
  • 26 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Erik Kaiser
Desktop App: authorize my softphone to be used on multiple PCs
I have a laptop and a desktop that I use depending on where I am located for business.  In the current process I have to deauthorize one ...
  • 173 me toos
  • 25 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jonathan Snavely
Admin: change users (DND, available, offline)
As an admin, I should have the ability to change any extensions DND status. If an agent leaves their desk and forgets to remove their pho...
  • 87 me toos
  • 43 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of BISHOP
Allow admins to login as a user
When reaching out to support to check into a user/setting issue, they have the ability to login as any user and see everything as the use...
  • 9 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Karim Khalil
Admin: override Password 60 Minute Lockout
Users, in my experience, are bad at password management. I had an experience today that pointed out what I perceive to be a missing featu...
  • 101 me toos
  • 36 replies
  • Idea
Photo of BISHOP
Change Softphone installer to allow install for ALL USERS
Since Softphone version 9.0.4, your dev team has changed the installer to install the app for ONLY the current user. This is very frustra...
  • 4 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Billy Bhogal
Admin: Disable permission for external calls
It would be a really good feature if you where able to block certain outgoing calls. eg this would prevent staff from calling numbers lik...
  • 17 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of SA92663
Call Queues: allow mixture of call handling (simultaneously and in fixed order)
In a particular extensions call forwarding section (home, mobile, office), you can set the phones to ring simultaneous or in a fixed orde...
  • 118 me toos
  • 51 replies
  • Idea
Photo of GEORGE MKRTCHYAN
Desktop 9.1.6 install for each user
Am I missing something here?? Do I have to install RC Desktop 9.1.6 for each user on my domain, one at a time on each computer???? I inst...
  • 5 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Barret Newman
Automatically Launch Softphone on Startup for All Users
>95% of our organization runs purely on the RingCentral for Windows softphone. Is there any way to forcefully apply the Automatically lau...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Zimmerman
Desktop App: access multiple ext's without logging in and out to different extensions
Need to be able to access multiple text messages to different numbers through desktop app without logging in and out to different extensi...
  • 34 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jackson Keenan
Password reset email is confusing
The email that is sent after multiple attempts to reset user password is confusing. It indicates that we should be able to reset the pass...
  • 6 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Greenspring Funding
Call Queue Needs Same Call Handling Features as extensions
We are unable to track calls properly when setting up ring groups within an extension however that is the best way to set up a ring group...
  • 7 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of BISHOP
Allow multiple instances of the softphone app
Currently the softphone app does not allow you to run multiple instances. If you try, it just bring up the program that is already runnin...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of BISHOP
Allow Multiple instances of the Softphone App
Currently the ringcentral for windows app does not allow you to have more than one instance running. Therefore if you have multiple exten...
  • BISHOP, 2 years ago

• 2 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Idea
  • Archived
  • Merged
Photo of Kelly Relihan
Admin: How do I add/edit a user extension?
How do you add an extension? The information in the admin guide is not matching up to what I see in my RingCentral account. I don't wan...
  • 6 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Matthew Billiodeaux
Desktop App: Multiple Extensions viewing faxes to single fax number
A brief description of the business: We are a medical clinic with multiple departments. hippa requirements (preventing faxes from being d...
  • 7 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Idea