Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 700
Photo of E. M Scott
Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.
Or allow us to customize the order we want our devices to be used in. Why is  user, call handling and forwarding so the "softphone and ...
  • 265 me toos
  • 67 replies
  • Idea
Photo of John Walker
Mobile App Transferring Issues
Whenever a user transfers a call on their Mobile App to another extension, it rings that user's mobile phone back after they transfer it....
  • 4 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of LIULIAS
SMS: Scheduled SMS to be sent
I'd like to be able to schedule SMS/text messages in the future.  Is there a way to do this in RC Desktop or via Office 365 or Google or ...
  • 41 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Eddie Forero
Add Pauses and #s in Contact Numbers.
Would like to see the ability to add pauses and #s into pone number for dialing extensions and initiating actions. For example: I want ...
  • 142 me toos
  • 33 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Brooke Sines
SMS / Text Auto Responder
Hello! An Auto Text Responder would be a huge benefit to Ring Central. I'm a US customer and am a Realtor. There are auto Text responses ...
  • 141 me toos
  • 51 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Eddie Forero
Mobile App: 3-way calling
Any modern mobile phone can merge calls, or allow you to initiate a 3-way conference. There shouldn't be any reason the mobile app can't ...
  • 232 me toos
  • 62 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Karim Khalil
Admin: override Password 60 Minute Lockout
Users, in my experience, are bad at password management. I had an experience today that pointed out what I perceive to be a missing featu...
  • 94 me toos
  • 36 replies
  • Idea
Photo of SK Retina
Is there a way that we can forward a fax that was sent out to our ring central fax number to another fax number outside of ringcentral?
fax service
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Receptionist Group
How can I transfer a call directly to voicemail without ringing the recipient?
We have recently install the Polycom RingCentral system and I cannot seem to find any way to transfer a call directly into a recipient's ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Zimmerman
SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it ...
  • 98 me toos
  • 40 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Stripling
Is there a way to sly dial (go straight to voicemail)?
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tom Vranjes
Template: Expanding the Functionality of Templates
Customers have requested that additional options be added to expand the functionality of Templates. The most common requests for additio...
  • 36 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Mike
Add Custom RingTones for Mobile App, Desktop app and Deskphones
We've had a variety of request from users to have custom ringtones on the mobile app, desktop app and desk phones.  Please comment and vo...
  • 274 me toos
  • 65 replies
  • Idea
Photo of June Labastida
Conference Call: Add International Dial-In Numbers
Hi Community, I would like to suggest adding International Dial-in Numbers for China, India and Philippines.  Existing Conference Bridge ...
  • 134 me toos
  • 93 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Dale Edwards
SMS: print option for text messaging
I am a U.S. business that works with real estate. I would like for you to consider adding a feature to text messaging (SMS) that would al...
  • 35 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Mindy Nevarez
Callers can't hear ringing while it is connecting to me. They just hear dead air so don't know if they are being connected or not.
Help! Callers are hearing dead air when they call before I pick up, no ringing sound at all!
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of JP Shinn
Enable intercom for multiple users
We have 28 users, hiring about 1-2/month. We want all users to be able to intercom all other users. So when we have a new hire, I enable ...
  • 9 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Zarios Hair Salon
Block or Text 5 Digit Numbers
I'd like to be able to block these type of numbers. We receive 1-2 SPAM messages a week from 5 digit numbers.Note: This conversation was ...
  • 18 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Icemanwolf
Add "Call Waiting" as a feature for the Mobile App?
When I'm on a call on the mobile app, I would like to have the ability put the current caller on hold and answer another incoming call, j...
  • 26 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Saadet - Community Support
How do I Turn off the “Press 1 Before Connecting” Prompt?
Via the Webportal 1)      Log into your extension via the webportal 2)      Go to Settings 3)      Expand Call Handling & Forwardi...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered