Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 666
Photo of E. M Scott
Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.
Or allow us to customize the order we want our devices to be used in. Why is  user, call handling and forwarding so the "softphone and ...
  • 265 me toos
  • 67 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Moving
someone is using our number and calling our customers
I have had 2 calls this morning from previous customers of our moving company. The both said that someone from our number called them; on...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Richard Callaway
Contacts: share my Personal Contacts with all users
We need a central company wide "Personal Contact List" which auto updates every day as new contacts are added. One way would be to allow ...
  • 129 me toos
  • 46 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Mike
Changes to our "Champions" program.
What is a “Champion” ? Brand Advocate Most Loyal Customers &Partners Most Helpful CommunityUsers RingCentral Product Experts Upholds Comm...
  • 6 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Carolina Ballestas
Faxes: downloading as TIFF File instead of PDF
Hi, I received two faxes.  Logged into my RingCentral account to view the fax.  When I click on the icon to open the fax, it does not ope...
  • 8 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Natalie Carboni
September Feature Release Preview
Our next release of new features and upgrades is scheduled to start mid-August. See below for a preview of what’s new and register for ou...
  • 5 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Article
Photo of alex d
Speed Dial: Company wide directory for Speed Dial
Our company has several dozen contacts that everyone in the office uses. We don't want to have to WASTE TIME programing each phone with ...
  • 49 me toos
  • 23 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Ashley Ballhatchet
UK text messaging
I would really like to text my customers in the UK. Do you know when this feature might be available?
  • 37 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Joseph Roberts
Admin: View if "Accept Call Queue Calls" is toggled On/Off for users
We are a US based web hosting company with many remote users who are located in several different countries. We can see when a user has t...
  • 23 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Brooke Sines
SMS / Text Auto Responder
Hello! An Auto Text Responder would be a huge benefit to Ring Central. I'm a US customer and am a Realtor. There are auto Text responses ...
  • 141 me toos
  • 51 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Eddie Forero
Mobile App: 3-way calling
Any modern mobile phone can merge calls, or allow you to initiate a 3-way conference. There shouldn't be any reason the mobile app can't ...
  • 232 me toos
  • 62 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Karim Khalil
Admin: override Password 60 Minute Lockout
Users, in my experience, are bad at password management. I had an experience today that pointed out what I perceive to be a missing featu...
  • 94 me toos
  • 36 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Kimberly
Desktop phone help
Hello, I would like to change the layout of the screen on the desktop phone, I have done this one other time and for the life of me I ca...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Craig S
Issues when faxing receipts to Concur
Does anyone have issues faxing to Concur expense solutions? We can fax our expenses to a fax number they provide. But while I get the fax...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lily Morris
Show Original Callers Number in Caller ID when Transferring calls
We have agents requesting the ability to see the original caller's number instead of the person's number who is transferring the call. We...
  • 167 me toos
  • 44 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jennie Fager
Where to View Text Messages when Logged in Online
I am logged into my account online & I can't find text messages anywhere. I have both sent & received text messages via RingCentral. I se...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of HEBW Reception
Incoming calls hear dead air
When an incoming caller calls our main line they hear dead air before receptionist answers. How can I set it up so they hear the phone ri...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Anthony Vorngsam
Advanced Presence Keys
Currently, presence keys are only able to work with phone lines within your company as well as park keys. If possible, these keys should ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Zimmerman
SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it ...
  • 98 me toos
  • 40 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Phil Van Hout
Can I install v10.1.2 RC Windows softphone install onto to the D drive?
Has anyone figured out how to install the latest v10 RC Windows softphone install onto to the D drive? Doesnt look like there is a way t...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Acknowledged