Add "beep" feature when completed transfer for internal extension to hear in order to be aware that call has been connected to the caller.
Caller calls --> "transfer" to ask internal extension if they are available. If yes, "transfer" again --> *BEEP for internal extension to hear* Caller connected to internal extension
Since it is currently silent when a call is connected, the internal extension may have a hard time determining whether they are saying hello to the caller or still on the line with other extension.
When we use Consultative to transfer a call, the recipient is asked if they wish to accept the call. After they say yes and the call is transferred, there is no indication on their end that the call is now active. Sometimes that makes for an awkward start to a conversation.
I started a chat with ring central, and they checked with the higher level of support & were informed that the feature to alert the receiver if there's a transferred call is not yet available in the system. When will this be available? We are in the US.
- Account type:
- A brief description of the business:
Technology Consulting/IT/Managed Servece Provider
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested:
A tone or notification to the target line when you complete the attended transfer.
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature:
Current Issue: You receive a phone call. You are going to complete an attended transfer You talk with the target user and tell them who your are transfering to them. You press the transfer button and are then able to hang up. There is no notification for the target line that the call has been transfered. We currently have to do sort of a count down ("The caller will be on the line when I hang up. Ready? Three, Two, One..." [transfer button].
- Benefit of such feature:
This would prevent the ackward "Hello. Hello. Ohhh. Hi!" and the count down we currently have to perform to prevent the confusion.
- Include any related case number if applicable:
Our company would like to STRONGLY suggest the implementation of a tone for warm transfers to alert the user that the call has been passed from the operator and the caller is now on the line and can hear what you are saying. A nice feature to be sure, but also possibly job saving...if you take the meaning.
2. Engineering firm
3. Would like to add a tone upon completion of a consultative (warm) transfer so we know that the call has been transferred. Currently there is an awkward silence and no visual or audio clues that the transfer has been completed.
4. Our typical call flow is as follows: Receptionist/admin picks up call. Receptionist/admin initiates a consultative (warm) transfer to the person the caller wishes to speak to. Receptionist/admin states they have a call from so-and-so and asks if the person will accept the call. At this point, the receptionists presses the transfer button on the phone to complete the transfer, however the person on the other end has no way of knowing when the caller has actually been dropped on them. There is typically an awkward pause and then the person says hello hoping that the transferred call has been put through.
5. This awkward silence is unwanted and can be resolved by a simple transfer tone/notification.
When transferring a call, the receiving party is not notified when the transfer is completed. It would be nice if there was an audible beep sound to indicate that the transfer has been completed so the receiving party knows when to start talking. The transfer is so silent that the receiving party is unaware that the transfer has been completed.